The protection of privacy and personal data is a priority for PRAIA DO VAU – REPRESENTAÇÕES, EXPORTAÇÕES E IMPORTAÇÕES, Lda (hereafter PdV) and a clear commitment made by us.
This policy concerns privacy practices within the activity carried out by PdV including portals, online sites and other services managed by PdV. The personal data you provide to us during the interaction with the various services will be treated with the security and confidentiality guarantees required by the legal framework on personal data protection.
The access and use of the services, portals and sites, under the responsibility of PdV, should be free on the user’s part assuming that has read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions for its use.
Any attempts to change the information, or any other action that may cause damage and put at risk the integrity of the system, are strictly prohibited under current legislation. The user undertakes to scrupulously comply with the applicable legislation, particularly with regard to computer crime and intellectual property rights, and is solely responsible for the infringement of these regulations.
Any aspects related to the treatment of personal data and the exercise of the rights of the holders of personal data should be directed to the following contacts:
PRAIA DO VAU – REPRESENTAÇÕES, EXPORTAÇÕES E IMPORTAÇÕES, Lda
Quinta do Bom Retiro, Aldeia da Companheira,
Or by e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PdV respects your right to privacy. The data requested are intended to provide the service you have requested, not being collected personal data that is not necessary to provide the service or without your consent.
Interaction with PdV services, portals and sites does not require information from the user, except when, for purposes expressly identified, registration is declared necessary and is authorized by the user in accordance with the following terms.
Party Responsible for Treatment
PdV as the data controller:
- Ensures that your personal data is processed within the scope of the purposes for which they were collected or for purposes compatible with those purposes;
- Collect, use and retain only those personal data necessary for the purpose in question;
- It does not transmit any personal data for commercial or advertising purposes;
- Processes personal data for legally prescribed purposes or for the performance of services at your request.
As a subcontractor, PdV is committed to complying with the privacy and personal data processing agreements entered into with the entities responsible for data processing.
Types of Personal Data we collect
The personal data subject to processing by PdV are of various kinds, given the services provided in the electronic platforms and other services under its management.
According to the type of services provided, the following may be collected: IP address; name; age; tax identification number; civil identification number; social security number; identification document number; address; email address; and cell phone number.
Personal Data Security
- PdV, in the pursuit of its activities, uses a set of security technologies and procedures appropriate to protect your personal data, protecting them from unauthorized access or disclosure, including
- Physical security measures, such as access control for employees, collaborators and visitors to the headquarters premises and, on the Data Center premises, very strict mechanisms for intrusion fighting, fire extinguishing, 24×7 equipment monitoring and equipment hosting in dedicated racks;
- Logical security measures, in the component of access to systems and workstations through mechanisms for identity, authentication and privilege management; in the network component, the use of firewalls and intrusion detection systems, segregating networks and application environments, as well as encryption of information through secure communication channels.
Access and control of your Personal Data
We provide, at your request, access, rectification and erasure of personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
If the use of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent, without jeopardizing the validity of the data processing carried out up to that point.
Through the data protection officer email@example.com you can request:
- Information about your data;
- Information about the processing
- The purpose for which the data is being processed;
- The correction, or updating, of data;
- Your data in an open format;
- The erasure of data, without prejudice to the law applicable to the processing in question.
- Storage of Personal Data
- Your personal data will be kept by PdV for the period necessary to process it, in accordance with its purpose.
- Conservation periods may change when justified by the public interest, historical, scientific or statistical reasons, and PdV undertakes to adopt the appropriate conservation and security measures.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Placing cookies helps websites recognize the User’s device on the next visit and is often indispensable to the operation of the site.
The cookies used by PdV do not collect personal information that can identify the user, keeping only generic information, such as the form or region/city of access, among others.
The cookies used on PdV websites and portals are the following:
- Essential – necessary for navigation on the website, guaranteeing access to private areas of the website, in order to allow the performance of services, namely session cookies.
- Analytical – necessary for the collection of information for statistical analysis of navigation and use of the website, namely Google.
- Social Networks – possibility of interaction with social networks, namely:
- Performance – necessary for monitoring the user experience of the electronic site, examples of which are:
What are the cookies used and their purpose?
PdV uses the following cookies on its various sites:
It is also possible to use browser extensions (browser add-on’s) to disable the use of some functions. Google provides an extension for Google Analytics that allows you to disable its use. It is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Through this system it is possible to disable all cookies considered as “non-essential”, allowing them to be managed and to check which cookies are being used by each Platform.
When using this system it is warned that the change from consent to non-consent does not have retroactive effect, i.e., it does not eliminate cookies previously installed on your device. For such, you must eliminate the cookies through your browser (see below how you can do it)
Disclaimer of Liability
PdV will not be liable for any losses or damages under civil liability (including, but not limited to, consequential damages, lost profits and moral damages, caused directly or indirectly), arising as a result of the use, correct or incorrect use of its Services, websites and their contents by the user, including improper access to the user’s computer and computer system by third parties.
The information disclosed should be seen in its informative aspect.
On the services, sites and portals managed by PdV, there are contents and services made available by third parties, and these entities are responsible for updating them. Therefore, PdV cannot be held responsible for the complete accuracy and timeliness of any information contained in its websites.
The websites may contain links to websites operated by third parties over which PdV has no control and for which it assumes no responsibility.
The present Terms and Conditions, which should be read carefully, may be altered, considering that the alterations are effective from the date of their publication in this site, with express reference to the date of updating.
Applicable Law and Competent Court
The present Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with Portuguese law. The court of the Faro area has jurisdiction, to the exclusion of any other, to settle any disputes arising from the interpretation and application of these Terms and Conditions.